Your e-Aadhaar card is an electronic form of your Aadhaar card. This means that you can use your e-Aadhaar for various government verifications. Just like the Aadhaar card, the e-Aadhaar contains all the necessary information like your biometric data, demographic details, Aadhaar number, photograph, and general information including name, date of birth, and sex. In order to use your e-Aadhaar, you will need to download the same.
Step 1. Keep Your Aadhaar Card or Enrolment Number Ready
If you don’t have your Aadhaar: Keep your enrolment number along with the time and date provided in the acknowledgment slip ready.
If you have your Aadhaar number: Keep your Aadhaar number handy.
Aadhar Card Updates Visit to official Website: https://uidai.gov.in/
Step 2. Visit UIDAI Website
Log on to the official UIDAI website and see the section titled Aadhaar Online Services.One of the menu options under this will be ‘Download Aadhaar.’ Click here and enter all the required details accurately. This includes the following:
- Enrolment ID/Aadhaar Number/VID
- Full name
- Pin code
- Security code
Step 3. Request for TOTP/OTP
Once this is completed, you’ll come to section where you will need to enter a TOTP. If don’t have it, click on ‘Request OTP’.
Step 4. Enter OTP
You will receive an OTP within a few seconds. Enter the same into the field provided.
Step 5. Download e-Aadhaar PDF
You can also get Aadhaar on your mobile number by clicking here. For this, you need to have a registered mobile number linked with your Aadhaar. If you do, simply enter the following details:
- Enrolment ID
- Date/Time (dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss)
- Mobile number
- Security Code
If you have recently applied for an Aadhaar card and are waiting for delivery of the same, you can get Aadhaar card status by following these 6 steps:
- Keep your enrolment slip handy.
- Log in the official UIDAI website.
- On the home page, look for the option ‘Check Aadhaar Status’ and click on it. This is the page that will open.
- You will be asked for your 14-digit Enrolment ID (EID) number along with the 14-digit time stamp. Enter the same. Ensure the time stamp is entered in this format: dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss as mentioned on your enrolment slip
- After submitting this, you will be asked to enter the given security captcha code. Carefully enter the same without any mistakes.
- Now click on the ‘Check Status’ button to be provided with the Aadhaar status of your application.