What is a PUC Certificate or Pollution Under Control Certificate?
The full form of PUC Certificate is Pollution Under Control Certificate (PUCC). The certificate acts as an approval document which contains the emission levels of your vehicle, and if they are within the stipulated pollution norms. This is done through authorized emission testing centers which are usually situated in petrol pumps across India.
Download PUC Certificate for Car and Bike @vahan.parivahan.gov.in
The PUCC is issued by the government after testing the emission levels of your car or bike and certifying your vehicle that emission levels are within the required norms. The Ministry of Transport has mandated through the Central Motor Vehicles Act, 1989 that a PUC Certificate must be carried by the driver or rider of the vehicle at all times.
How To Get a PUC Certificate?
- To get a PUC Certificate for your car or bike, follow the below guidelines:
- For a new vehicle, the dealer will provide the PUCC, valid for 1-year, therefore you need not apply for the same.
- For pollution certificate renewal, take your car or bike to the nearest emission test center to get it checked and get the PUC Certificate after paying the required fee.
- Through these two methods, you can get a PUC Certificate for your car or bike.
Step-by-Step Guide to Get a PUC Certificate:
- You can get your vehicle checked for emission levels and get a PUC Certificate at:
- Petrol pumps or fuel stations across the country which have PUC Centers to get your vehicle tested.
- Licensed auto emission testing center’s with a computerized facility.
- Standalone emission testing center’s.
Here is the step-by-step guide to get a PUC Certificate:
- Take your vehicle (bike/car) to the nearest emission testing centre.
- The operator will scan the exhaust pipe through a device to check the emission levels of your vehicle.
- After you pay the fees, the operator will issue the PUC Certificate along with the test reading.
How To Get a PUC Certificate Online?
Currently, the government has approved only authorized emission testing centres and RTOs to get a PUC Certificate online. From checking the PUC Centre application status, the online payment of fees, issuing pollution certificates online to registering new or old PUC Centre, the government’s PARIVAHAN web portal offers various transport-related online services.
How To Download (PUC) Pollution Under Control Certificate Online?
The Government has launched the Parivahan online platform for availing transport-related services including Pollution Certificate Download option.
The following steps help you understand how PUC Certificate download works:
- Visit the Parivahan section for PUC Certificate and enter the vehicle’s registration number (max 10 characters) and the last five digits of the vehicle’s Chassis Number.
- Enter the given security code and click on “PUC Details”.
- If your vehicle’s PUCC is active, you will be directed to a new page which contains the vehicle emission test reading and vehicle details. Click on ‘Print” to download the emission certificate online.
How To Check the PUC Certificate Active Status?
- You can check the PUC Certificate active status by following the below steps:
- Visit the Parivahan section of PUCC and enter your vehicle’s registration number and Chassis Number.
- Enter the security code and click on “PUC Details”.
- If the status of your vehicle’s emission test is active, you will be directed to a new page which confirms the test readings and the validity period. Click on “Print” if you want to download the pollution certificate.
How To Check Application Status?
- To check their application status for new emission testing centres, the government has launched an online platform for services related to PUC Certificate. Follow the steps below to check the status:
- Visit the PUC Certificate section of the Parivahan website and enter the Application ID and the security code provided.
- Click on “View Application Details” to know the status of the application for an emission testing centre.
How To Find RTO Approved PUC Centers?
- To know the details of RTO approved PUC Centres, the Centre has launched
- Parivahan, an online database and platform for transport-related services. Follow the steps below to find PUC Centres approved by the RTO:
- Visit the PUC Certificate section of the Parivahan website.
- From the options (navigation menu), click on “PUC Centre List”.
- In the new page, select the state and the office and you will be able to view the list of RTO approved PUC Centres along with their address, types of vehicles they test, email address and contact number.
What is The Emission (PUC) Test Procedure?
- Driving on public roads without a pollution certificate will attract fines by the traffic police and the transport department. The emission or PUC test procedure is simple to follow and takes a few minutes to get the PUC Certificate.
- Visit any of the authorized emission testing centres with your vehicle and pay the prescribed fees for the emission test.
- With the help of a device, the PUC Centre will scan your vehicle’s exhaust pipe and take readings of the pollution levels.
- The PUC Certificate will be issued which contains the test readings, the validity of the pollution certificate, vehicle details, etc.
www.sscupdates.com Wishes You Best Of Luck. Please Always Check Our Website To Know Upcoming Latest Jobs, Admissions, Sarkari Yojana, Paripatra, Exam Results, Answer Keys, Syllabus And Many Other Gujarat Gov. Jobs & Sarkari Mahiti Updates Instantly. Thank You.