In the Union Budget 2019, the Chief of the Central Board of Direct Taxes mentioned that the government will be introducing centers all around the country to facilitate applications of e-PAN cards.
You can download PAN card soft copy (e-PAN card) through the NSDL portal with your Acknowledgement number as well as your PAN and date of birth.
Here are the steps by which you can download your e-PAN card with the acknowledgement number:
Step 1: Visit the NSDL portal to download the e-PAN with acknowledgement number.
Step 2: Enter the acknowledgement number which you have received.
Step 3: Click on Generate OTP.
Step 4: Enter the OTP you have received on your mobile and click on ‘validate‘.
Step 5: Click on the ‘download PDF‘ option to download the e-PAN instantly.
The steps involved to download e-PAN card with your PAN and Date of Birth are:
Step 1:Visit the download e-pan NSDL portal.
Step 2:Enter the details which are required on the form such as date of birth, PAN and Captcha code.
Step 3:Click on ‘submit‘ and download the e-PAN for free.
You can choose from the following three modes of submission:
- Submit digitally with e-sign and e-KYC.
- Submit scanned images through e-Sign
- Forward documents physically
You will also have to make sure you check the box if you require a physical PAN card or not.
- Once done, you will need to enter you Aadhaar number.
- EID number
- Name as per Aadhaar card.
- Father’s and mother’s name.
Once done, click on ‘next‘.
- This is the last section for application for a Duplicate PAN card.
- You will need to upload your Aadhaar card as a proof of address, proof of date of birth and proof of Identity.
- Once uploaded, you will need to add the declaration by entering your name and place along with the date.
- Recheck the information and then click on ‘submit‘.
Once you click on ‘submit’ from the Document details page, the website will take you to a payment page where you will be required to make the payment.
Once the payment is made, you will receive an acknowledgement number. This 15-digit number can be used to track your PAN card applicationpan-card/how-to-track-pan-card-delivery-status.
You will ideally receive your duplicate PAN card within 2 weeks from the date of application.
Download Duplicate PAN Card using Aadhaar Card
The NSDL offers you the option to download a duplicate PAN card using your Aadhaar card. You can follow the steps mentioned below to request for your duplicate PAN card using your Aadhaar Card:
Step 1: Visit the official TIN-NSDL website of the Income Tax Department at https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/ReprintEPan.html.
Step 2: Fill in the form with the required data such as your PAN, Aadhaar number, date of birth, and GSTIN (optional).
Step 3: Check the box against the ‘Terms and conditions’ declaration.
Step 4: Enter the Captcha code in the designated field.
Step 5: Click on the ‘Submit’ button to proceed.
Step 6: You will be redirected to a new web page wherein you can scroll down and select the option to receive a One Time Password or OTP on your registered contact details (email ID and mobile phone number).
Step 7: Generate the OTP and enter the same in the designated field.
Step 8: Click on the ‘Validate’ button to submit your request for the issuance of the duplicate Aadhaar card.
How to Apply for a Duplicate PAN Card Offline
You will have to follow the steps given below if you wish to apply for a duplicate PAN card offline:
Step 1:You will have to download or print the ‘Request for new PAN Card and/or changes or corrections in PAN data’ form.
Step 2:Fill the form.
Step 3:Mention your 10-digit PAN number
Step 4:Attach a couple of passport size photograph of yours and cross-sign it in a careful manner.
Step 5:You will have to send the form to the NSDL center along with the other necessary documents such as proof of identity, proof of address, etc.
Step 6:Make sure to make the payment. The NSDL after receiving your form will review the form and will provide you with a 15-digit reference number.
Step 7:You can also check the status of your application using the 15-digit reference number.
Step 8:The application will be sent to the Income-tax PAN services unit. If the information provided by you is correct, then you will most likely receive your duplicate card within 14 days of your applying for a duplicate PAN Card.
How to Surrender Duplicate PAN card?
It is not permissible by law to have two PAN Cards with two different PAN numbers; hence you will be needed to submit any one of them. You can surrender one of your PAN cards by following the steps given below:
- Write a letter to your assessing officer requesting for the surrender of your PAN Card. Make sure you provide the necessary details of both your PAN cards.
- You will have to clearly mention the PAN card you want to submit and the one you wish to retain.
- You will have to hand over the letter to your assessing officer who will give you an acknowledgment number in return which will be the proof that the PAN Card surrendered by you is cancelled.
Documents Required for Duplicate PAN Card
Given below is the list of documents you will have to submit for obtaining a duplicate PAN Card:
- Self-attested identity proof such as Aadhaar, driving license, voter ID, etc.
- Self-attested address proof such as Aadhaar, bank account statements, utility bill, etc..
- Self-attested document mentioning the date of your birth such as Passport, matriculation certificate, certificate of birth, etc..
- PAN allotment letter or a self-attested copy of PAN Card.
Things to Know about Duplicate PAN Card Application
- When you lose your PAN card, you will first have to file an FIR. The FIR copy and the documents required for reprint PAN card application needs to be sent to NSDL office
- In case the communication address is in India, the fee for processing these applications is Rs.110 including taxes.
- The fee for processing PAN Card application when address is outside India is Rs.1020 including taxes.
- Applicants can pay either through Credit Card/Debit Card, demand Draft or even Net Banking.
- In case applicants are paying via credit cards or debit cards, an additional charge of 2% will be applicable by the bank that provides gateway facility. Also, exchange or conversion rates may be applicable.
- Once payment has been successful, acknowledgement will be displayed which will have to be saved. This acknowledgement will have to be printed and sent to NSDL e-Gov site.
- In case the applicant is a minor, then his/her Aadhaar number will have to be given in the application form. This number will then be authenticated.
- In case of a non-individual PAN applicant, the acknowledgement receipt will have to be signed by an authorised signatory i.e., Karta if it is HUF, Partner in case of a Partnership Firm, Director in case of Company, Trustee in case of Trust and Authorised signatory in all remaining categories.)
- In case thumb impression is used as signature, it will have to be verified by a Magistrate or a Gazetted Officer or a Notary Public, under official stamp and seal.
- You will recieve your PAN card at the address which is mentioned in your aadhaar.
- While sending the application by post, on the top of the envelope mention “Application for Reprint of PAN-Acknowledgement No” .
Instances when need for Duplicate PAN Card can Arise
There could be multiple reasons for an individual/company/trust to want a duplicate PAN card, with some of the popular ones mentioned below.
- Loss/theft – Given the fact that most of us carry our PAN card in our wallets, it is possible to lose it on account of theft of wallet. This is a major reason for people to apply for a duplicate PAN card.
- Misplaced – We often misplace our cards, unsure as to where we left them. One can apply for a duplicate PAN on such occasions as well.
- Damaged – A PAN card can get damaged due to multiple reasons, leaving us with no option but to reprint it.
- Change of information – It is possible for errors to creep into a PAN card, requiring changes and/or reprint.
Note: A number of third party websites provide the facility to replace/reprint a PAN card. While one can utilise them, their genuineness isn’t guaranteed, which is why it is recommended to use the official website for the same.
10 CommentsAdd a Comment
I have to make my pan card
Dudharejiya Prakash charandas
Harijn vas,umbari,umbri,Banaskantha, Gujarat,385550
Uakardi rod delsar bhattfaliyu dahod. Gujarat 389151
Uakardi rod delsar bhattfaliyu dahod. Gujarat 389151
Nava malkanesh khambh Amareli india
110. Bhagunagar matawadi L.H. rood surat